Thursday, September 11, 2008

Expansion Apathy

I've been playing World of Warcraft [WoW] on and off for a couple years now. I go through periods of manic addiction, where I play for hours a day. Then after a while I get a little tired of the game, and maybe log in for half an hour, maybe an hour a day, there are some times where I don't log on for a day or two. I've also had periods where for one reason or another I've quit for a couple months at a time, only to be dragged back in due to boredom, or the expansion.

I find myself in a bit of the drag ass mood lately when it comes to WoW, like many people. I don't really see the point in raiding anymore, unless it's just to see the content, and unfortunately, my guild isn't large enough to do 25 mans with any regularity. So if I'm on, I'm farming for tradeskill materials to sell, or I'm leveling an alt through content I've seen a dozen times before.

The decision to keep my account active or to just suspend it until the expansion (Wrath of the Lich King) comes out is on my mind quite a bit lately. I use the game right now just to stay in touch with people at this point, but I can also use e-mail and AIM for that.

In the end I'll probaly keep the account active, just so I have something to do if I get bored and I want to fill my free time with something other than TV or novel. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there having the same problem. Any advice?

~Chopz

No comments: